How To Apply Baby Powder To Your Hair
- Gently shake some powder onto your palms, then rub your hands together so the powder is evenly spread on your fingertips and palms (and you don't see any big white clumps).
- Now run your fingers through the root area of your hair. Massaging your scalp (with your powdery fingers) will help soak up the grease and mattify oily roots. Fluff up your hair with your fingers to add sexy body and texture. Repeat Steps 1 and 2 if necessary.
- Using a natural boar bristle brush, brush hair from root to tip to evenly distribute the powder all the way down the hair shaft. Hair is always more greasy in the root area than near the tips, which is why you want to apply the powder to the scalp and then brush it downwards. Boar bristles help grab the baby powder and slide it down the hair shaft, which is why natural bristle brushes work better than plastic or rubber brushes.
- Instead of just any old baby powder, try Johnson's Baby Powder Calming Lavender & Chamomile. The subtle floral scent is more sophisticated and clean-smelling than classic powder scents and won't compete with any other perfume you wear.
- In a pinch, cornstarch works too.