You have two options in the application process, aerosol or powder.
For the aerosol spray (example: TRESemmee Fresh Start Dry Shampoo)
- Shake the can vigorously before using and in between sprays.
- Spray lightly and evening to dry hair, holding 8-12 inches from head. (To get all over I like to take clean and dry hands and run my fingers through my hair and lift the hair to get those under layers of my hair)
- Let the dry shampoo sit on your hair for 1-2 minutes
- Brush your hair out. I'd recommend a boar hair bristle brush.
- Optional: I like to follow up with TRESemme's fresh start refreshing mist. It leaves a nice shine and wonderful citrus smell to your hair.
For the powder application (baby powder, cornstarch etc.)
- Sprinkle powder on to clean hands and distribute evenly
- Run hands through your brushed hair
- Let sit in hair for 1-2 minutes
- Using a boar bristled brush brush out your hair till all signs of the powder are gone.
Dry shampoo is a great way to have that second day hair with out the issue of oil. I definerly recommend trying it out! For some great DIY Recipes check it out [Here].