Makes 5 cups
- 5 cups Chex cereal (I prefer the Rice Chex)
- 10 oz (5 squares) vanilla flavored Almond Bark
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar vegetable shortening, optional
- Melt Almond Bark according to the package directions, adding vegetable shortening to thin if desired.
- Pour the cereal, cake mix, and powdered sugar into a paper bag or container with a lid.
- Drizzle melted Almond Bark over the cereal and fold down the top of the paper bag or put the lid on the container.
- Shake bag or container until the cereal is evenly coated.
Tip - The above method worked just fine for me, but some people are having trouble with the Chex and Almond Bark clumping together. Try thinning out the Almond Bark a little with shortening and mixing the Chex with the melted Almond Bark before coating with the cake mix and powdered sugar.