- 4 ounces baking chocolate (I used 9 squares of TJ’s 72% chocolate bar or use 4 squares Baker’s Chocolate, semi-sweet)
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted (1 1/2 sticks)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons espresso or brewed coffee, optional
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwave-safe bowl for 90 seconds or until butter is melted.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in sugar (it will seem very granular, this is okay).
- Stir in eggs and vanilla. If adding espresso or coffee, add it now.
- Stir in flour until just combined, do not overmix.
- Spread brownie batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 22 to 24 minutes or until brownies are set, taking care not to over bake.
Recipe credit: Love Veggies and Yoga