Makes 24 brownies
- one 7-ounce jar Marshmallow Fluff
- 1/8 teaspoon mint extract*
- 8 drops+ green food coloring, or until desired shade of green is reached
- 1 batch of brownies – see ingredients below in step 2 (or use 1 box of brownie mix – make according to directions on the box by adding the water, oil, eggs)
- 12 Cool Mint Oreo Cookies + 18 Cool Mint Oreo Cookies (almost an entire 17-ounce package),
- hand-crumbled 3/4 cup white chocolate chips,
- melted 1 cup vanilla frosting – see ingredients below in step 4 (or use 1 cup storebought vanilla frosting; use the entire plastic container if you want a thicker final green layer)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13-inch pan with foil and spray it with cooking spray. In medium bowl, stir together marshmallow fluff, mint extract* (be very careful and do not use more than this unless you love mint; a little bit of mint goes a very long way), 4 drops of food coloring, or until light green is achieved (known now as ‘green minty marshmallow mixture’)
- In a large bowl, prepare the brownie mix as directed on box, using water, oil, eggs, and fold in 12 hand-crumbled Oreos at the end. or make brownies from scratch. [Recipe Here] Hand-crumble Oreos over the bowl and fold them in.
- Spread brownie batter in prepared pan. Drop about 1/2 cup of green minty marshmallow mixture onto brownie batter and reserve the remainder. Gently pull a table knife through the batter in S-shaped curves for a swirled design. Bake 22 to 24 minutes or until brownies are set, taking care not to over bake. Cool completely, about 1 hour, or put the pan into the freezer for 10 minutes if you’re rushed.
- While brownies are cooling, make vanilla frosting by combining the following and beating until fluffy (or use 1 cup store bought vanilla frosting – or use entire can if you want a thicker final green layer) and set finished frosting aside. 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract splash of milk, if necessary for consistency
- In another small microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate chips (microwave on high for 30 seconds; stir and microwave 30 seconds longer; stir until smooth, taking care not to scorch it as white chocolate scorches easily). Add the melted white chocolate chips and the vanilla frosting to the reserved green minty marshmallow mixture. Stir in 4 drops+ food coloring, or until light green color is reached, and spread over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with 18 hand-crumbled Oreo Cookies, slightly pressing them into the green mixture. Allow top layer to set fully before slicing and serving. I prefer these bars chilled and I store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container or store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Recipe credit: Love Veggies and Yoga